Portland solves the creative and Financial needs of your production. Here's Five reasons why:
- Financing: Solve for Production's budget woes: travel costs, tier one crew, warehouses/real estate, savings, local crew/key staff, incentive that neutralizes travel cost premium. "Portland solves your travel premium for shooting on location."
- Deficit reduction - your budget can be maximized here
- We have hotels that discount & airlines that upgrade.
- Your locations determine your budget, travel costs money and Portland negates that travel expense
- Negation of your travel expenses - savings from hiring local and local prices.
- No sales tax in the state of Oregon.
- Our state tax incentives (in bold & clear & forefront) - oregonfilm.org
- We'll make your financing comfortable
- Yes we charge you fees but we re-invest it back into the local industry (show where their dollars go)
- Reduced fees for small crew in parks; reduced fee for B Roll
- Our B Roll database can take the edge of your bid.
- Filming outside of Portland? You can still use Portland vendors:
- Locations in our region - we've got snow, desert, ocean, and urban all within 90 minutes.
- If your show is based in Portland then film in Portland - don't cut corners.
- We look like SE Asia, England, Alps
- Our locations are better than other locations. http://girlscoutlocations.com/location-samples/lifestyle/
- Portland is a safe place to film.
- "We're perfect for car commercials" (experience, crew, infrastructure, locations, processes)
- Local & Unique - Local news - oregonian, tribune, WWeek, Mercury
- Local infrastructure - we have X sq ft of soundstages, x sq ft of warehouse space available, X camera houses.
- I-5 creates opportunity for filming with city skyline prominent
Ease of Use
- "We can say yes, we're faster, we can deliver hard." (Deliver what you promise)
- Someone you know has probably filmed here before. Here's ten people who did shoot in Portland: testimonials.
- Fast turnaround times for commercial projects.
- Same timezone as LA = seamless production and Creative work in a day. Two hours from LA.
- Comfort level - Portland is a cozy place for you to film.
- Real Estate - we meet your needs for locations, housing, production offices, and studio space.
- Local hotels, restaurants, dog hotels, dry cleaners, lumber, shipping, car rental, airport(s), data - Portland is home away from home. (Add production resources page)
- Proximity to PDX airport - Get to where you need to be in this region fast.
- You've probably filmed here before - do it again.
- Special events happen here, make it a part of your story. (calendar - Rose Festival etc for reference)
- Success breeds success - film here because other film here too (testimonials, etc)
- Film friendlies - PDX is friendly to film; we welcome you and have elected support
- "Pet Friendly Hotels"
- Your Creative and your Financials work here in Portland. Creative drives locations; financials in Portland work as does local infrastructure. Maintain your production & creative goals w/Portland. Portland works Creative & Financial; Logistically too. (Create PDF version of website/resources)
- Tier one crew depth - we've worked on shows for NBC, IFC, TNT, Netflix, & HBO.
- Local crew - no need to pay for hoteling.
- Crew - below the line/above the line
- Post-production - LA quality at Portland prices.
- Locations with Sleater Kinney, Real Estate with the Dandy Warhols, economic development with Dag Nasty
- there is long-term investment in your project and in the surround ecosystem here.
- Execute your vision arm-in-arm with an active public partner.
- Ability to involve the Mayor & our Bureau Directors.
- Stable incentive allows for multi-year TV productions with clear rules.
- Public support gives multiyear stability.
- Our film permits are discounted at 50% of their comparable construction, parks & parking counterparts.
- The Film Office is in place specifically to make your work in town as close to frictionless as possible.
- Ten Best Locations http://www.portlandfilmoffice.com/broll
- Next Ten Best Locations
- Google maps (Robert Smith to populate me a map)
- EcDev Studies (oregonfilm.org)
- Locations (Reel Scout)
- Real Estate
- Hotels https://oregonfilm.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Master-Portland-Hotel-List.pdf
- Portland at a glance https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/portlandcityoregon/PST045216
- (Links to all assertions)
- Crew base (SourceOregon.com)
- Instagram - (locations of the day) https://www.instagram.com/portlandfilmoffice/
- Comparative production costs to Seattle, LA, Brooklyn, etc. (lumber, etc.)
("The Portland Stack" Recruitment stack)
Local product placement = financial offset
Cobble together a financial/creative stack
Three circles of ven diagram - Costs, Quality, Ease of use:
-Costs (affordability is king)
-Quality (locations, below the line crew)
-Ease of Use ( Turnaround time; previous use)
(Twitter-stalk location managers w/barns - LA LM's like it)