Most City of Portland permits are time, date and location-based, which means that you must provide the date, hours and exact location of your intended shoot on your city bureau application. Please read and follow instructions on applications below.

How to Pay: All payments for PBOT and Parks permits will be made through Derrick Roberson in the Parks Customer Service Center. You can pay by phone by calling 503-865-2377, or in person at 1120 SW 5th, First Floor. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted.

Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT), Traffic Division
Parking Application
B Roll Application
Sidewalk/Street Application

UPDATED Parking, Street, & Sidewalk Permit Fee Schedule 2019

More Information:
Contact: Allison Madsen, Traffic Engineer/Film Liaison

To apply for permits to film on city streets, sidewalks or to reserve parking, please fill out the PBOT ROW/Parking Application for Film/Photo Projects and email to Brian Lord at the Portland Film Office:  Permit requests must be submitted AT LEAST THREE (3) DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR SHOOT. More lead time may be necessary depending on size and location of shoot. 

The Film Office will review your application for all necessary information to ensure expedited processing; your permit request will then be submitted to the Portland Bureau of Transportation for review.  Please note that permits are time, date and location-based, so providing all information requested on the application is essential for speedy processing.  Please feel free to copy or add additional pages to the application if needed.

When your permit has been approved, permit fees may be paid by phone (with Visa or MasterCard) by calling 503-865-2377; or in person at the Portland Parks & Recreation Customer Service Center at 1120 SW 5th Avenue, 1st Floor in downtown Portland.

Most permits require that three (3) days prior to your shoot, you must distribute a letter of notification to the residents and surrounding businesses in the area.  More information on this permit condition here: Notification and Permit Conditions for ROW

All Street, Sidewalk and Parking Permits are issued with the condition that proper notification, barricades, signage, and flaggers are obtained and properly set up by the production.  More information on these requirements here:  Notification and Permit Conditions for ROW

Film activity is also limited during holiday and Portland Rose Festival events, so please see moratorium map or contact the Film Office for more detail.

If you are applying for Parking Reservation for no more than three block faces and no more than two locations, you may obtain a parking permit through the City of Portland's Parking Permit Center. Please note that this parking permit's fees and procedures differ from the PBOT parking permit described above.  More information on this permit option here.

Portland Parks and Recreation (PP&R) Portland Parks Film Permit Fees and Conditions

More Information:
Contact the ParksCustomer Service Center:
Ph: 503-823-2525 option 6

To apply for a permit to film in a City of Portland Park, fill out Parks Permit Application.  Please note that PP&R permits are time, date and location-based, so providing all information requested on the application is essential for expedited processing.  Also note that application fee doubles if you submit less than three (3) days before your shoot.

All Portland parks listings and amenities can be found here.

The Customer Service Center team will work with PP&R supervisors to determine if your requested park space is available for permitting and will facilitate any special accommodations for the shoot.  Once a permit is approved, a use fee is paid and the permit is issued to the production. 

Permit fees may be paid by phone (with Visa or MasterCard) at 503-823-2525 or in person at the Portland Parks & Recreation Customer Service Center in downtown Portland at 1120 SW 5th Avenue, 1st Floor.

Filming/photography on City owned property requires the following:

    • Film Agreement Application

    • $250.00 Application Fee (non-refundable)

    • Approval to Film - from other affected or potentially affected Bureaus i.e., PBOT

    • $5,000.000 Security Deposit – due after application is approved & prior to filming; will be returned less any film fees

    • Certificate of Insurance with AIE (Additional Insured Endorsement) - see below regarding details

    • Exhibit - Includes aerial view / floor plan indicating areas, date, and time of filming

    • Executed Film Agreement

    • Two weeks lead time

Please find the attached application to complete when you are ready.  Also below I have included some helpful items below to help with the application process.
State Business Registry - (print or e-print “screen shot”)

City Revenue for Business Taxes - this requirement confirms the business operating in the City are in compliance with the City’s tax law.
To find your account number search at
If this is the first time you are registering with the City, you are welcome to provide me with a “screen shot” of the application.
if you feel your business is exempt please follow the process to request an exemption.

Certificate of Insurance with AIE (Additional Insured Endorsement) Once your application is approved we would need the Certificate of Insurance with the following prerequisites. Since it often takes longer than expected we recommend starting on it sooner. 

  • “Commercial General Liability” (CGL): of $2MIL each occurrence or a combination equal to at least $2MIL from the CGL each occurrence and Umbrella Liability coverage each occurrence.

  • “Certificate Holder”: The City of Portland and its officers, agents and employees 1120 SW 5th Ave, #1204 Portland, OR 97204

  • Description of Operations/Locations/Vehicles/Exclusions added by endorsement special provisions

Contact Portland Police Bureau (PPB) or Portland Police Association (PPA)

Officer hires to drive PPB vehicles and/or to help direct traffic:
Annie Lamb
Portland Police Association
1868 N Lombard St
Portland, OR 97217
(503) 225-9760

Officer hires to drive PPB vehicles:
Contact:  Sgt. Bret Barnum, PPB


Office of Neighborhood Involvement, Noise Control Program
Submit noise variance application at Noise Control Office at City Hall.

More Information: Noise Control Office website
Phone: (503) 823-7350

If production will be operating outside the hours of 7AM - 6:00PM, a noise variance will likely be needed. 

In addition, a noise variance permit will likely be needed for activities above normal decibel levels such as:

  • Explosions

  • Car crashes

  • Loud generators

  • Gunfire

  • Helicopters

The office is located at Portland City Hall, 1221 SW 4th Avenue, Suite 110 (Monday-Friday 8AM -5 PM).

If you have questions, contact the Portland Film Office.

Portland Fire & Rescue
Paul Reyes
Hazardous Materials Inspector
Portland Fire & Rescue
Fire Prevention Division
Office 503-823-3934
Cell 503-209-8375


For information, please contact the Portland Film Office.

Portland Water Bureau
Contact: Aron Anderson,Hydrant Permit Program
Phone: (503) 823-1256